Answered

Bass buzzing on Playbase

• 17 May 2017
  • 4 replies

When I play music with reasonably high bass, it clips or buzzes on my Playbase only (but not on my Play 5). It doesn't happen all of the time, but it does often enough to be really annoying. I've used the playtune feature and also messed around with the manual EQ; while the latter helps a little bit, it never fully gets rid of the buzzing (and I don't want to listen with the bass all the way down). Other than that the sound is generally very good. Does anyone have any idea what's going on/how to fix it?
icon

Best answer by Nico R 17 May 2017, 02:29

Hi dpolifka, welcome to the Community.

It's possible the bass buzz could be coming from whatever it is sitting on, or whatever is sitting on it. Once the volume or the frequency gets to a certain level, the TV stand or TV might be vibrating sympathetically. The way to check is to temporarily reposition the PLAYBASE or even move it to a difference surface and see if the buzzing persists.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi dpolifka, welcome to the Community.

It's possible the bass buzz could be coming from whatever it is sitting on, or whatever is sitting on it. Once the volume or the frequency gets to a certain level, the TV stand or TV might be vibrating sympathetically. The way to check is to temporarily reposition the PLAYBASE or even move it to a difference surface and see if the buzzing persists.
Yeah, moving the TV around seems to help! In retrospect, it seems pretty pathetic I didn't think about that, but thanks!!
I am having the same problem. - See 'Harsh bass reverb sound" - I thought the PLAYBASE was developed to have a TV sitting on it - What then would your suggestion be regarding TV placement?
Sean Campbell. Same issue here. No option to move the playbase and getting dreadful reverb whilst watching a film. Any advice Sonos please!