Automatic downloads of current podcast episodes and more

• 7 October 2017
  • 2 replies

With recent iOS and Sonos updates, I’m having difficulty with playing podcasts through Sonos. I access podcasts on sonos from On My Phone where my podcasts come through Podcasts app. The podcast does not automatically update to the most recently available episode as it does in my app. Also: Date, Length of time and topic with full description and the 15 second forward and back option, which is the one I saw Sonos is going to address. Can’t figure out how to use sleep timer. Love podcasts especially on Sonos. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, ClaudiaEdward. If you are still having this problem with the podcasts not updating on your device, you may want to make sure the podcasts are also automatically downloaded to your phone. In some cases, it may look like you are able to select the podcats but it is streaming the podcast rather than downloading it to the device. With regards to how to use the timer, check out this helpful article.

Should you still need support, please submit a diagnostic report and I will be happy to take a look at whats going on. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
If you don’t need to download podcasts in advance, you might want to try the Pocket Casts Sonos app for streaming. It’s best to set up a Pocket Casts account and choose your favourite podcasts using the android or iOS version of the app. Then your favourites will sync with the Pocket Casts app in Sonos (sign in with the same email) and you’ll be able to choose from a list of current and historical episodes of your favourite podcasts. Works very well for me.