Answered

Authorization Failed when adding music folder to Mac Sonos controller

• 16 September 2018
  • 2 replies

On my Mac, I'm trying to add my iTunes music library, to my Sonos controller app (also on the Mac). I get the error, "Sonos was unable to add the music folder. Authorization failed." This happens whether I try to add the My Music folder, or try to add a specific folder I select.

I tried steps here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2402?language=en_US , but it didn't seem to work.

I submitted diagnostics, # 1030578108

Anything else I should try? File sharing is already enabled on my Mac.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 21 September 2018, 20:44

Hey there, fraylo. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you have already given all these steps a try, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to have them take a closer look at this in real time over a remote session. Thanks!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, fraylo. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you have already given all these steps a try, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to have them take a closer look at this in real time over a remote session. Thanks!
Hi, any suggestions on that topic. I just unpacked my Play:1. Same issue. Mac OSX file sharing is checked and SMB for the user is set. I still get "Authorization failed". Cheers