Question

Aupeo! why doesn't it work with Sonos? And what is the alternative to Aupeo?

• 2 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Aupeo won't work on both my or my parents Sonos system. Since the Aupeo! app shows up in the list of apps that can be used with Sonos I assume the two (Aupeo and Sonos) are still compatible.

I loved this music app! So please, can someone help me to get it working again. Or may suggest a good alternative. It's the feature I am looking for is where you can select a mood, or a genre, or an artist and then app just pics music that fits my selection.

All systems are updated to the latest versions.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Aupeo! isn't listed in the services that you can access via Sonos http://www.sonos.com/en/streaming-music.

Choose one of the ones that work for you in your region - Many offer free trials
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Aupeo actually used to be available through Sonos. It first became available in 2011. Apparently it experienced issues with their service through Sonos in early to mid 2014, but pulled the service because of those issues. I don't remember seeing anything about it returning after that time.
Thank you so much MikeV

Do you have any other music services that you can recommend instead of Aupeo? What do you use?
Free Services? TuneIn, 22 Tracks, AccuRadio, Dash Radio, Pandora, Radionomy, Slacker, SoundCloud, MixCloud, Spreaker are all available in Sonos.