Answered

Audio skipping, delay with app updating - using Sonos Bridge

• 16 February 2019
  • 1 reply

I am having intermittent issues with audio skipping using Spotify. We are using a Sonos Bridge to supply the mesh network to the speakers so I don't think it's the home broadband router and we are on a FTTP connection averaging 180Mb download. Also, when skipping tracks, the command is sent instantly but the app takes 10 seconds or so to update the screen and show what is playing.

I have submitted diagnostics with confirmation number 2000449773.

Hope someone can help!

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 February 2019, 23:58

Audio skipping usually is a result of wifi interference of a local nature, and has nothing whatsoever to do with your download speed. This also is a pretty good explanation as to why the app is taking 10 seconds or so to update the screen, as it would be having trouble getting data from the system, which is on your speakers.

Since you do have a Bridge, it is possible that the power supply on it is flaking out. If you can, try a test of directly wiring the router to one of your speakers, instead of the Bridge. If that resolves the issue, you've got a couple of fairly easy potential fixes. A replacement of the the power cord on the Bridge can be gotten on Amazon, or you could potentially just upgrade to a BOOST, which is actually a newer and better design of the Bridge's function. Works a little better, and isn't too expensive.

But I think while I waited until Monday for the forum staff to return to look at your diagnostic, I'd try a simple refresh of your local wifi, which would include the IP addresses assigned by your broadband router, which is used by the Sonos Bridge. Unplug all of the Sonos devices, including the Bridge. Then do a simple power cycle of your router. Then plug back in the Sonos devices, and see if that resolves the issue.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Audio skipping usually is a result of wifi interference of a local nature, and has nothing whatsoever to do with your download speed. This also is a pretty good explanation as to why the app is taking 10 seconds or so to update the screen, as it would be having trouble getting data from the system, which is on your speakers.

Since you do have a Bridge, it is possible that the power supply on it is flaking out. If you can, try a test of directly wiring the router to one of your speakers, instead of the Bridge. If that resolves the issue, you've got a couple of fairly easy potential fixes. A replacement of the the power cord on the Bridge can be gotten on Amazon, or you could potentially just upgrade to a BOOST, which is actually a newer and better design of the Bridge's function. Works a little better, and isn't too expensive.

But I think while I waited until Monday for the forum staff to return to look at your diagnostic, I'd try a simple refresh of your local wifi, which would include the IP addresses assigned by your broadband router, which is used by the Sonos Bridge. Unplug all of the Sonos devices, including the Bridge. Then do a simple power cycle of your router. Then plug back in the Sonos devices, and see if that resolves the issue.