I changed audio compression setting from uncompressed to automatic.
I've read through the support for Audio playback: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/309/~/audio-playback-stops-or-skips
Steps I've already attempted to fix:
1) Check if an outage has been reported for the music service you’re using: there's no outage reported at sonos.com/support.
2) Attempt playing music from another online music service: TuneIn radio also stops/skips.
3) Check your Internet connection speed: internet connection is consistently 30Mb/s.
4) Take steps to reduce wireless interference: Standard Set-Up. 2.4GHz wifi changed to channel 6. Width set to 20 MHz. RSSI is -50 dBm. Noise is -92 dBm.
5) Contact Customer Support: here I am.
I've read through the support for reducing wireless interference: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3650/.
1) If you have a Sonos product wired into your WiFi router, separate the two devices as far as the Ethernet cable between them allows; 1 ft. (30cm) or more is ideal.
- Connect wired via ethernet to router. Separated by about 3 feet.
2) Also make sure your Sonos system and router are operating on different wireless channels: 2.4GHz wifi set channel 6. I'm not sure about the Sonos system channel.
What's the ideal solution? Should I set-up a separate network for my Sonos system? Is it Apple Music's fault? Do I just live in crap place for wireless interference?
Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you, Andrew
Best answer by AndrewJ
Sonos system is channel 1 I believe, but I don't have a Boost component, just a connect and play:3.