Answered

audio often drops in and out of my Sonos beam when connected to my hisense tv

• 30 July 2019
  • 2 replies

My Sonos beam is connected to a 1yr old Hisense HDTV. Often the audio drops in and out. At least twice per night. It's annoying and we have started using subtitles to avoid missing out on anything important! 😔

Ive submitted a diagnostic test. The number is:

Please help!
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 30 July 2019, 14:40

Hi Mackrell

I suggest the following:

1. Unplug your Beam
  2. Check the cables for damage and proper seating
  3. Check the audio settings in your TV to be sure they are set to HDMI out with either DD, DD5.1 or PCM
  4. Check that your source is sending DD, DD5.1 or PCM and not DD plus or DTS.
  5. Reboot your router and checks its admin page for updates
  6. Delete the Sonos app from your device
  7. Reboot your device and check for updates
  8. Re-install the Sonos app
  9. Plug in your Beam
  10. Run setup
If the above doesn't resolve your issue I suggest you wait until it occurs again, run the diagnostic within 15 minutes of the occurrence and call Sonos or contact them through Twitter; rather than wait for someone to discover your diagnostic in this forum.

Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Mackrell

I suggest the following:

1. Unplug your Beam
  2. Check the cables for damage and proper seating
  3. Check the audio settings in your TV to be sure they are set to HDMI out with either DD, DD5.1 or PCM
  4. Check that your source is sending DD, DD5.1 or PCM and not DD plus or DTS.
  5. Reboot your router and checks its admin page for updates
  6. Delete the Sonos app from your device
  7. Reboot your device and check for updates
  8. Re-install the Sonos app
  9. Plug in your Beam
  10. Run setup
If the above doesn't resolve your issue I suggest you wait until it occurs again, run the diagnostic within 15 minutes of the occurrence and call Sonos or contact them through Twitter; rather than wait for someone to discover your diagnostic in this forum.

Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!
Was this problem ever resolved and if so, any idea what resolved it? I just got a Sonos Beam, along with Firestick 4k and Vizio v405-G9. I'm experiencing occasional drop outs as well, and I'm trying to figure out where the problem is. I tried swapping the HDMI cable to the Sonos, but no luck so far. It's not often (a few times per day) and sometimes very short-lived (may be 1 second, or as long as 10 seconds).

I'm guessing a diagnostic is the way to go next time?