Answered

Audio of Sony BRAVIA KD-50X80JP is really loud than normal soundbar services like apple music, alexa, streaming

• 28 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a Beam soundbar, first model. I connected via HDMI ARC with Sony TV. In the TV audio I can select between Audio1, Audio2 and pcm. The pcm works, but I think I'm missing several sound effects, Dolby, etc. If I select audio1, which is the first choice in the sony audio menu, the volume of the tv is really loud! Undistorted, simply very loud compared to normal soundbar audio (Alexa, Apple Music).

So, every time I turn on the tv, I have to turn down the volume, and every time I turn off the tv I have to turn up the volume, as the music or Alexa is very low. It is not possible to change the volume of the HDMI input when I select audio1, from the tv. Instead, this control becomes available with pcm, but as I said, pcm is the very last choice!

I really don’t know what to do.

Is it a Sony or Sonos issue?

Do you have some solutions?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 October 2021, 11:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try toggling eARC Mode on or off to see if it makes any difference.

Also, be sure Dolby Digital Plus Output is set to Dolby Digital and Pass Through Mode is set to Auto.

thank you!!! I will try it this evening.

I forgot to say that when “audio1” is selected, and the tv is off, the tv remote no longer changes the soundbar volume, however when pcm is selected the remote works fine.

Still thank you and I will test this evening.