Audio not in sync with new 4k Blu-ray player

• 18 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I recently bought a Samsung UBD-M8500 4k Blu-ray to replace my old Samsung player that decided to stop playing blurays. My TV is a Samsung UN65JU6700F. My old player didn't have the issue, but now this one does. I thought it was maybe because I didn't have a 18Gbps HDMI, so I bought one and it still doesn't sync up quite right. Anyone have some suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Wernicke85. Thanks for posting. It really depends on if the audio is happening before or after it should. Judging from your post it seems like the audio is behind the video. In this case, there isn't a way to speed up the audio getting to Sonos unless your TV were capable of delaying video to match the audio.
I'm extremely frustrated because I invested a lot of money in my Sonos 5.1 system only to find that it is impossible for me to watch 4K Blu-rays. I'm thinking about returning all of it and investing in a system that actually cares about the television and film user experience, and supports the latest audio technology. VERY disappointed. I've searched everywhere for an answer to this, but there seems to be no way to fix this! (audio delay makes it worse - I need it to go in the opposite direction)