Question

Audio jack is not working

• 9 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have Sonos Play:5 (gen 2) speakers. We use them for work. We have only be using the Audio jack input connected to an ipad/phone ..etc However this has recently stopped working.

It happened after we tried to pair a phone with the speakers and it didn’t work. Now when we plug anything into the Audio jack we get nothing. We have tried a different audio cable. We have tried turning the volume up. We have turned it on and off. We have tried connecting another phone and another ipad to the speakers through Wifi to open the controller through the app but no device is able to connect to the speakers anymore.

All we want to achieve is to plug into the audio jack and play audio that way.

Can you please advise. many thanks,Gary

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.