Question

Audio glitching on Playbar setup

• 9 December 2019
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Having an issue with the audio in my Playbar;

it’s occurred on both my Apple TV and Xbox so I think it must be a Sonos or TV issue. The audio will be fine at the start of the program. Eventually it’ll have this odd volume fluctuation, can only describe it as buffeting. Hitting pause and play will make it go away but it will comeback within 5 minutes of play. 

not sure what I can do to to pinpoint the issue. I’ve had the Playbar for about a week. Yesterday was the first time I got this issue. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Wow, that does seem odd. The next time it happens, I’d recommend that you  submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

The issue will be that if it’s not an issue with the Sonos, but the data being handed it by the optical connection, there won’t be, I think, much to show up in the diagnostic. But it’s worth trying, at the least to rule out one possibility, and it’s possible that the Sonos Support folks might have more data.

One other thing that’s worth considering is checking on your TV for updates to its operating system. While I’ve never heard of something like this before, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to do so, and update it if it needs it. 

Wow, that does seem odd. The next time it happens, I’d recommend that you  submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

The issue will be that if it’s not an issue with the Sonos, but the data being handed it by the optical connection, there won’t be, I think, much to show up in the diagnostic. But it’s worth trying, at the least to rule out one possibility, and it’s possible that the Sonos Support folks might have more data.

One other thing that’s worth considering is checking on your TV for updates to its operating system. While I’ve never heard of something like this before, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to do so, and update it if it needs it. 

Thanks. I submitted a diagnostic while it was occurring. #128605360

Note that you can shortcut the wait for a Community Moderator to pick up that diagnostic by 

contacting Sonos Support directly to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.