Answered

Audio drops with netflix when grouping Beam with stereo paired play 1’s

• 20 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
My beam is plugged into my tv arc port and my two play 1’s are stereo paired separately from my beam. When grouping them I will often get audio drops on the play 1’s with the beam audio never having an issue. This occurres very often with netflix on my samsung tv, but much more rarely when playing audio from my ps4. I have tried with my HH is wm 0 and wm 1 but that seems to not make much difference. When added as surrounds there is no issue with the play 1’s however that is not the setup I want as I enjoy listening to music while gaming often and constantly switching back and forth isn’t a great option as trueplay settings are always lost. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it a software issue.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 May 2019, 08:57

Perhaps best to submit a diagnostic and make a note of the reference here and contact Sonos customer care.
View original

3 replies

Perhaps best to submit a diagnostic and make a note of the reference here and contact Sonos customer care.
Badge
Hey Ken_Griffiths,

Thank you for the suggestions. Tried them
out and it doesn’t appear to have helped. Audio dropouts are still occuring.
manna91,

Presumably you are able to cable one of your speakers to get them all set on WM:0 (SonosNet) as mentioned in your post, but when you do that, also do the following...

1. Set the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App Advanced Settings so that it is at least 5 channels away from your main routers 2.4ghz channel.
  2. If you are using mesh hubs, wifi extenders, or repeaters, then set those to the same channels as your main router.
  3. Remove/Reset your WiFi credentials in 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup’ in the Sonos App
Then see if that solves your dropout issues.