audio dropping when playing Spotify

• 19 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi Sonos,

I’ve been experiencing lots of audio dropping while playing Spotify so I’ve decided to try the Sonos Boost. It helps a little, the audio drops less but it drops anyway. My diagnosis number is 657473618.

My home Internet is fast, like really fast 500Mbps upload and 500 Mbps download. The audio started dropping a few months ago.

The Sonos Boost is directly wired to the router, one of the Sonos one wired directly to the router too. My Sonos Beam is wired to the Sonos Boost. Only one of the Sonos is wireless only and yet it is experiencing audio drops.

let me know if you can help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

When adding the Boost, did you consider the following ‘perhaps helpful’ steps:

1. Set the wired Boost at least one metre away from the router it is connected to.
  2. Set the local routers 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to either Ch 1, 6 or 11 as they are non-overlapping.
  3. Set the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App ‘Settings/System/Network’ so it’s at least 5 channels away from your chosen non-overlapping router channel.
  4. If using any ‘other’ wireless access points on the local network, set them to ‘mirror’ the SSID’s/Credentials/WiFi Channels as your main router and keep those access points well away from your Boost and other Sonos devices.
  5. If you do NOT have any Sonos portable devices (Roam/Move) then also remove your WiFi credentials from the Sonos App in  ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ as they are usually not required when running your non-portable Sonos products in wired SonosNet mode. It will help to prevent your devices switching between SonosNet and your WiFi signal.