Answered

Audio dropouts: new issue

• 12 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Diagnostic number: 79275574

I’d love to know the source of my recent issue with audio dropping out frequently on my system. I’ve tried resetting the system, changing my Sonosnet channel from 1 to 6 to 11 and nothing had solved this. It’s a recent issue and happens frequently.

Currently using a Sonos Bridge to connect and have Xfinity internet service from Comcast. Any help is appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 12 October 2019, 19:01

I'd recommend your first step to be run a temp Ethernet to one of your speakers and remove power from the Bridge.

There are known issues with the power supply and Sonos now recommends removing the Bridge from your system, either going to Standard mode (home WiFi) or Boost mode with a wired Sonos device (speaker or Boost) connecting your system to your router.
View original

4 replies

I'm experiencing the same problems. I believe it started circa the recent iOS and Sonos updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'd recommend your first step to be run a temp Ethernet to one of your speakers and remove power from the Bridge.

There are known issues with the power supply and Sonos now recommends removing the Bridge from your system, either going to Standard mode (home WiFi) or Boost mode with a wired Sonos device (speaker or Boost) connecting your system to your router.

Same issue here.  Using a Boost for 5 years.  Everything is fine streaming from the internet, but constant dropouts from my NAS drive.  Tried the one room-then add other room approach; the one room is fine, but as soon as I group I get all kinds of randomized dropouts.  Sometimes it takes 30 seconds, sometimes it is instant.  Infuriating, as I have 11 amps & speakers.

I would recommend that you [url=https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141]submit a system diagnostic[/url] within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or [url=https://www.sonos.com/contact/contact-options%23]contact Sonos Support[/url] to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.