Question

Audio Dropout

• 31 December 2017
  • 13 replies

I am experiencing Audio drop out with my music tracks. Before I include all of my operating system, can someone tell me if changing my wi fi channel will affect other wi fi products. For example, the roller shutters work individually, zoned and altogether. I truly don't want to have to reset everything. What I cannot understand why the whole system, T.V and tablet, worked perfectly for about 6 months but now, the T.V works fine but every single one of the tracks loaded on to my tablet suffer audio drop out. Nothing has been added or changed, so why has it started now? I need some simple easy to follow help. Sonos loaded so easily and I was so pleased with it. Now I am just confused and feeling like Grandma Buggins!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I think Sonos made something because I have not changed a bit in the system and since some days started interrupting. On my other Spotify connect devices work seamlessly. Avr, Chromecast...
Hi there. Is there anyone out there who has actually solved the problem with audio drop out. I am really at the end of my tether now. Would that I could send the whole system back. It is not fit for purpose. 😞
Hi Edward, I have just had help from someone who is a bit more up to date with computers etc. He has done exactly what you said to do and still I am experiencing Audio drop out after two or three tracks. Have you any more information as to why this is happening and how to fix it please? I am really unhappy about this problem. Why did it work for the first 6 months or so? Is it down to an update that has put gremlins in the system?
Regards
Gill
Hi Edward, sorry to have been so long getting back to you. I have disabled the Bluetooth connection to Orange. It is my mobile phone and I do not need it on the tablet. I am still experiencing Audio drop out on my music collection. What can I try next to solve it, please? Regards Gill
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Beg your pardon, Gill. I meant whichever device this is. I'm not sure exactly, but assumed it was an extender. It's called "Orange" and you should see it in your WiFi settings. Any idea?
Hi Edward, sorry to appear a bit dense but what is the extender?? Also do you mean the settings on my tablet?
Regards
Gill
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Not to worry, Gill. We'll get to the bottom of it. Communication on your Sonos system looks, for want of a better word, perfect. Let's just clear the WiFi details off your devices, we don't need them anymore:
Please go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Wireless Setup -> Next -> Do Not Enter the Password -> Tap RESET.

If this does not help, I think the disconnect exists between the extender and the router. Can you test something for me? Try unplugging the extender and only playing from the tablet via the router. It could be that the extender is not seamlessly passing traffic to the main router anymore. Please let me know how this goes.
Hi Edward,
Thank you for getting back to me.
My diagnostic number is 8429018.
Yesterday, I decided to rest my tablet to factory settings and consequently went back to nothing. I have reconnected to the internet, downloaded my internet protection, reconnected to Sonos and reloaded my music. I started to play my music with high hopes but as you can probably tell from the diagnostics, there are still problems with drop out. I have to say that I cannot understand a lot of the language that is written in the forum. After resetting the tablet, I was so pleased to find that Sonos reloaded itself. I love the product, but with near enough a 2000euro investment, I would love it to work properly.
Regards
Gill
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Gill, Thanks for reporting back. The Television is unaffected because the PLAYBAR receives audio via the optical cable. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. May I have a fresh diagnostic to further assess the situation as it stands? Many thanks!
Hi there Edward,
I have invested in a Sonos Boost and connected it yesterday. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing Audio drop out on my music selection on my tablet. I am more than a little perplexed at why the system worked faultlessly for 6 months or more and then suddenly started this drop out. Why does it not affect the TV? It is most definitely just the music and it happens after 3 or 4 tracks have played and then every track thereafter. If I shut the tablet down and restart Sonos, I can listen to 3 or 4 tracks again but then drop out happens again. I altered the channels from 6 to 1 to 11 with no effect. I am so disappointed because it was a fab system to start off with. Is there nothing that I can do to resolve this issue? I bought the Sonos system specifically for my music.
Regards Gill
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Gill. Thanks for getting back to me with the diagnostics. What I have seen is that there are several other devices occupying the same frequency as your main router. This is not entirely unusual, though Sonos requires a constant, healthy connection with the router to be able to communicate as effectively as possible. I suspect that the issue stems from the fact that there are so many devices piggybacking off the router. As such, changing the channel will likely bring all these other devices with it. Perhaps a Sonosnet configuration would be the best way forward. I'd encourage you to have a look at that link and post your questions here. Many thanks!
Hi there Edward. Thank you for contacting me. I have submitted a diagnostic and my confirmation number is 8374595. Regards Gill
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Grandma Buggins. Welcome to the community. We can take a look at this for you. We would need some further details, however. As such, can you please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number? Many thanks in advance.