Audio Cutting Out

• 4 February 2019
  • 9 replies

Audio on my sonos system is cutting out continuously. Diagnostic Info#: 280951624. Thank you for any help you can provide.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Cutting of, report sent # 1011019214.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. If you're still having issues, it may be due to wireless interference. Your speakers are having a hard time staying connected, and it looks like there's a nearby network that may be switching channels automatically. If you have access to the device creating the Bell network nearby, check to make sure it is set to a static wireless channel that is different than your main network.
Badge
Cutting of, report sent # 1011019214.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, lukeee24. The article regarding WiFi interference may not have seemed relevant, but the diagnostics are still showing it. If you would like real-time support so that we may dig deeper into your issue, I think it might be best that you get in touch with our support team via telephone. They will be able to help you further. Many thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
Still having issues of Sonos cutting out. Now a song will stop midway through and pause for ~45 seconds before skipping to a new song. Diagnostic#: 1556542838
Note that the forum folks are available Monday through Friday.....it's still hours away from when Edward R will be awake.

You can always hit Sonos on their 24/7 Twitter and Facebook support options, if you don't want to wait.
Still having issues this morning. Diagnostic Number: 1472359662
Following up on this.
Hi Edward. Thanks for the reply. I read through the article on Wireless interference and that doesn't seem relevant to my current WiFi network setup. Please see additional Diagnostic Number: 579189817.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, lukeee24. Welcome to the community. Thanks for the diagnostics. They showed a lot of WiFi interference. This is often the cause of audio playback issues. If those links don't work, not to worry, we can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following any further occurrence of this issue or changes in your setup, please submit a further diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.