Question

Audio cutting, app can not connect to Sonos system

• 16 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I keep experiencing 2 types of problem:
1. When listening to TuneIn Radio (NRK Norwegian broadcasting) audio is relatively often interrupted. 50% chance of reconnection. When interrupted the Sonos app report "can not connect to Sonos system". This never happens when streaming music from Google Play.
2. Sometimes it seems like the sub and surround (Play 1 speakers) drop out, only leaving the Playbar playing.

My setup utilize Sonos Connect.
I have submitted report from the Sonos diagnostic tool, report ID 8367968

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds to me like your router is having trouble with the bandwidth. Have you ever tried hooking one of your sonos units to your router so that you use Sonosnet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Johs. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Can you tell us a little more about the local network you are connected to? Based on the diagnostic report, it seems the connectivity between your system looks stable. It may be a problem with bandwidth or perhaps how data is being routed along the network. In that case, you may find it helpful to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this with you in real time. They can set up a remote session and get a better idea of what's going on with this disconnections. Our contact information can be found here.