Answered

Audio cut out

• 28 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Beam with 2 play 1’s for the surround speakers. The rear speakers constantly cut out. I’ve tried changing the wireless channel..all the recommended troubleshooting. Pretty sure I’ll be going back to some other system if I can’t get this fixed. Way too expensive to have this many problems. Any other suggestions?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 April 2019, 04:10

Since "all the recommended troubleshooting" doesn't really tell me much, I'll point you to wifi interference. I'd be looking for something particularly in the 5Ghz range which is what the Beam uses to bond the PLAY:1s to it as surrounds.

But if that doesn't work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
View original

1 reply

Since "all the recommended troubleshooting" doesn't really tell me much, I'll point you to wifi interference. I'd be looking for something particularly in the 5Ghz range which is what the Beam uses to bond the PLAY:1s to it as surrounds.

But if that doesn't work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.