Answered

Audio Breaking-up on Deezer

• 4 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Hello. I’m experiencing music breaking up every time I skip tracks. This has been going on for more than a month, and was fine previously.

I’m using Deezer, controlled via an iPad and android phones, same as before the problem started.

I've a Boost connected to the router via Ethernet cable. The cable’s fine, a swapped it out for a new one and no change.

I took a Play3 and placed it close to the Boost and router, no change: the same breaking up when tracks skipped.

I plugged the Play3 into the router with an Ethernet cable; problem gone. So it seems I have a WiFi connection issue.

I tried all three channels on the Sonos app. No change.

Did the reset of the whole system as described elsewhere, no change.

there is no new equipment in the vicinity, so no new source of interference.

if I group my two play3s (in different rooms) and my Playbar (which is wired) the problem also goes away.

Can you help please?

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 23 December 2020, 14:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Radason.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Let me see what I can do to help you.

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Radason.

Thanks for reaching out back to us.

If you are still experiencing the issue, it’s best to give our support technicians a call back to discuss the diagnostic and update the troubleshooting ticket created. The succeeding steps will be advised base on the result of the diagnostic. I’m looking forward to getting this resolved in no time.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Radason.

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the delayed response time.

Upon checking the diagnostic, sync errors were detected by the system that may result in audio interruptions/dropouts.

Knowing how and through what Sonos is connecting is the great foundation to troubleshooting this successfully.

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network?  It’s best if we can check any known issues or if there’s an additional configuration needed on the device.

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Hi again. The router is from TalkTalk (my provider’s current model) number FAST5364-3.T8 from Sagemcom. It’s connected to a telephone line. I have a Sonos Boost wired to it via Ethernet cable to the router.

my Sonos speakers are connected via WiFi. No matter how close they sit to the Boost or router, I’m getting the same problem every time I skip tracks. If I connect them with Ethernet to the router or to one of my network extenders, it’s fine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Radason.

Thanks for your response and update.

You may check this article that provides common fixes for audio interruptions while playing from a music service on Sonos. This condition is often caused by wireless interference, here are the suggested steps to follow in order to reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

You may also try changing the wireless channel on the wireless router (or access point).

NOTE: This may involve disabling automatic channel assignment on the wireless router or access point.

• Log in to the wireless router or access point that Sonos is associated with through a web browser or through the router/AP's designated App.

• Change the router/AP's wireless channel to a different channel. If the router/AP uses an automatic channel assignment, it is recommended that this be disabled for this exercise. Ideally, channels 1, 6, or 11 are the preferred non-overlapping channels.

• Please wait for about 3 minutes and get a new diagnostic.

• Test it and attempt music playback.

Hopefully, that solves it but if not, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support, so we can take a closer look and continue working with you in real-time to expedite the process. I suggest contacting our phone folks because they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Tried this previously. No change.

I’ll have to call then.

Hello. As requested my diagnostics reference is 419775828.

Hi again Annazel. I did call and spoke to an agent Alexandra V  reference XXX. She sent me an email to reply her with with my diagnostics reference which is 1269784877. But the email address she wrote to me on is a ‘no reply’ address. Can you tell me how I should write back to her please?

Moderator edit: removed case number (still visible to moderators)

Hi Annazel. Are you still there? This issue is really annoying. What did my diagnostics tell you please?