Answered

Audio

• 8 August 2019
  • 7 replies

I recently noticed a time delay when I first turn on my Bravia xbr and Sonos beam. I do not have any lip sync problems. My connection from tv to Sonos is arc. Any fix would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Firstboomer 29 August 2019, 22:31

Hi
contacted sonos directly and they recommended this and it solved my problem! Thank you for your input
What we would like to try is having you unplug the ARC port on your TV. Reboot the TV and wait for that to come back up. After that is back plug the ARC port back into the TV and see if that will come back up with either a lesser Delay or no Delay at all.
View original

7 replies

You mean in terms of a slight delay between the time you turn on the TV, and that you get sound out of the Beam?

That's a function of how long it takes the TV to "energize" the audio output on the HDMI.

Unless we're talking about more than a couple of seconds, in which case there could be other issues. Can you be more clear? Have you tried unplugging the TV from the wall for a minute, and plugging it back in?
Hi
Thanks for prompt response.
It takes 3.5 seconds for audio to catch up with video. I’ve done a soft and factory reset.
Sounds like the HDMI-CEC handshake needs to be reset.

First, check to see if your TV has any firmware updates, and apply them if they exist.

Then, once that's done, try unplugging the TV from the wall for a minute, then plugging it back in. Neither the soft, nor factory reset (I think) would cause a new HDMI-CEC handshake, since they don't technically remove power.
I’ve already done everything you mentioned.
Then I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

But I'm not sure that there's much they are going to be able to do. I'd be guessing it's more of a Sony problem, inasmuch as they're not generating the signal for the Sonos to "see" and play quick enough for you. They're probably doing some initialization process in their firmware, but I am not sure, not owning one of these TVs
Hi
contacted sonos directly and they recommended this and it solved my problem! Thank you for your input
What we would like to try is having you unplug the ARC port on your TV. Reboot the TV and wait for that to come back up. After that is back plug the ARC port back into the TV and see if that will come back up with either a lesser Delay or no Delay at all.
Great! That’s exactly what I suggested in my second post above. Glad it worked!