Audible issue with Sonos One + Other Units

• 22 June 2018
  • 7 replies

I am seeing an issue where, when listening to an audiobook through Audible, when I get towards the end of a chapter the audio cuts out for all units except for the Sonos One unit. The second the next chapter begins audio resumes on all units.

My current setup is Sonos One, Play:5 (original model), Play:5 (new model), 2x Play:1s

Is anyone else seeing this? The specific book is Oathbringer, but I'm not sure how relevant that is.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am seeing an issue where, when listening to an audiobook through Audible, when I get towards the end of a chapter the audio cuts out for all units except for the Sonos One unit. The second the next chapter begins audio resumes on all units.

My current setup is Sonos One, Play:5 (original model), Play:5 (new model), 2x Play:1s

Is anyone else seeing this? The specific book is Oathbringer, but I'm not sure how relevant that is.

Hi ryanmendoza,

Welcome to the Sonos community. That is strange behavior. Can you please reproduce it then send in a diagnostic report? If you reply with the confirmation number I can take a look.
Userlevel 1
Great book! That's definitely not a book where the you can afford to miss out on anything.

I am having similar issues. Not the same exactly the same, so I don't have much to add.

I sympathize with your frustrations.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I am seeing the exact same issue except it cust aout across al my Sonos Devices (various One and 1) - search for another topic running in this forum called "Playback of Audible results in truncated chapters"
Happens approx 30 seconds from the end of each chapter.
Just saw a post here that might be relevant, Stratos:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/audible-no-longer-works-6814243
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yea there appears to be audible issues at the moment. Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Audible seem to be back working again (seemed to be a fairly major outage - at least for me). however I still have the issue mentioned above of chapters being truncated (30 secs from end approx).
I'd still recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of a truncation event, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.