Answered

Audible books repeatedly restart

• 20 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, I’m new here.

I have a pair of Ikea/Sonos SYMFONISK lamp speakers, which are generally great. BUT one of the main things I’d like to use them for is playing Audible audiobooks, but every time I try to play an Audible book via Sonos it plays for a while and then restarts the same track, or moves to the next chapter too early. This happens whether I play via the Sonos app on Mac or my Android phone, and also if I play in Chrome on my Mac and send the audio via Airplay. It doesn’t happen with Spotify or with other audio output from the Mac.

Any advice? Anyone else found the same problem?

many thanks

icon

Best answer by Lily78 20 February 2021, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you connect any of your Sonos speakers to your router or network with an ethernet cable? You could also try rebooting your router or changing the router’s wireless channel: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4769?language=en_US

Thanks, those may be useful - in the meantime I’ve contacted Audible support, as it occurred to me it might have been the book rather than the connections (my 7yo son likes listening to the same book over and over again). Support person gave me a new copy of the files for that book and all seems well for the moment...

A further update - despite the new files sent to me by Audible, this is still happening, with this book and others. I shall try the other tips given to me by GuitarSuperstar (though the lamps are too far from the router to be connected with a cable).