Audible

Can’t get books to sync

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Whatintheholyhell wrote:

Can’t get books to sync

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. Please attempt to browse your Audible library, then submit a diagnostic report if it doesn't show your books. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I have had trouble with Sonos and Audible since I first bought the speakers. Specifically, all of my books show up, but searching the lbrary by any criteria is problematic. Sometimes the search finds the books, sometimes it finds none. I have periodically - at least 4 times in past 12 months - raised the issue on here and on each occasion I have submitted a disagnostic. Usually I get a response, from a non-sonos employee, saying that they have no problems with the search. I have never, received a sonos response. I just tried listing my library, it works and shows a long list, about 800 books. The second book in the list is Starplex, I search for the book Starplex in the app, the app cannot find the book. The disgnostic produced is 466670394. Obviously searching for a visible book is, and should be trivial, but there seems to be no consistent way to search, or even to sequence the list, which a serious failing when the list is several hundred books long. I have raised the question at Amazon (Audible) who refer me to this site.

Nice to get a SONOS response to this request
255465646. There is one book in my library but I have many downloaded to the audible app. Thanks for your help!!
Hopefully we get a solution. I love Sonos and I’d love it more if I could listen to books.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Oboe wrote:

I have had trouble with Sonos and Audible since I first bought the speakers. Specifically, all of my books show up, but searching the lbrary by any criteria is problematic. Sometimes the search finds the books, sometimes it finds none. I have periodically - at least 4 times in past 12 months - raised the issue on here and on each occasion I have submitted a disagnostic. Usually I get a response, from a non-sonos employee, saying that they have no problems with the search. I have never, received a sonos response. I just tried listing my library, it works and shows a long list, about 800 books. The second book in the list is Starplex, I search for the book Starplex in the app, the app cannot find the book. The disgnostic produced is 466670394. Obviously searching for a visible book is, and should be trivial, but there seems to be no consistent way to search, or even to sequence the list, which a serious failing when the list is several hundred books long. I have raised the question at Amazon (Audible) who refer me to this site.

Nice to get a SONOS response to this request

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. I don't see any errors in your report that would explain the browsing issue you've described. It would be best to have our phone team troubleshoot this live. Please give us a call, you can find our contact information here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Whatintheholyhell wrote:

255465646. There is one book in my library but I have many downloaded to the audible app. Thanks for your help!!

Thanks for the report. It looks like the ethernet cable plugged into your family room unit may be defective. If so, this could cause some communication issues which may explain the Audible issue. Try replacing that cable, or letting that unit be wireless, and send along a new report if any issues remain.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I called Sonos to resolve Audible issue but spent more time on hold than I was prepared to wait. Instead, I called Amazon/Audible, they suggested using the Audible app on iPad to search and group my library, then direct the audio output to my Sonos speakers and control them using the IPad app. Works well enough. Thanks Audible.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings