Answered

Asus AX3000 Connecting Intermittently

Hi all,

This is another Asus connection issue, though with the Asus TUF-AX3000. After the first setup the system wasn’t able to be found using the sonos app. I then switched Smart Connect off, and attempted (one by one) to connect via the 2.4GHz, ensured QoS was off, Airtime Fairness was off, hard reset each device and eventually rolled back firmware one by one with limited success.

The most success I’ve had is using a Play1 hardwired to the router, and was able to play all of the speakers as you would normally (2nd Play1, Play5 and Beam). I’ve spoken to Asus support and they suggested some of the above or sending it back for an inspection. Failing that I’m waiting/hoping for the next firmware update.

Does anybody have any other suggestion that might work please?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 3 May 2021, 11:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @fatsqo, welcome to the Sonos Community!

While I’m not sure if that specific router was included, we did have some issues with Asus routers recently, where either rolling back, or updating the router firmware needed to be followed by a full Factory Reset on the router - I can see you performed a reset on each device, did that include the router itself, or just the Sonos devices?

Another thing to take in to consideration is the controller itself - what kind of phone/tablet are you using? Are all devices with the Sonos app affected equally?

If you’re using an iOS controller, you may want to check if the “Private Address" feature is enabled, as this has been known to cause some issues when connecting to Sonos.

Hi @Xander P,

Thank you for getting back to me. As you suggested I updated the router to the latest firmware followed by a full factory reset. I also did hard resets on all of the sonos equipment. I was blessed with a full 20 minutes of audio bliss until I had to go out. Once I returned it was the same old story. My only success has been connecting one of the Play1’s to the router itself to create its own network. 

As for controllers I am using a samsung/android phone, a windows desktop and an ipad. They all identified and were able to control the network initially, then none of them could find it.

Failing any other suggestions, I’ll continue with the Play1 hardwired until either a better idea comes along or a router firmware update fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help.