Asus AC66u router update ruined my drive mappinfs for usb drive

• 18 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
I just updated my router firmware, and apparently can't revert now. I have a WD My Passport connected to the router. It was fine until the update. Now I can't connect, via Windows or Sonos. I have tried various new drive mappings in Windows, can't get the syntax correct. What was working was //rt-ac66u/My_Passport/flac Yes, forward slashes. It was mapped as my S: drive. Closest I've got was \\rt-ac66u\flac ( where flac is a shared folder on the WD drive. Then asks for password I don't have ( I never used a password for this drive )

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If nothing else grab a WD Live Drive, it is Ethernet connected and works perfectly for a Sonos music library host. I got one when I got tired of updates and glitches to my other attempts to host the music library. Since I got it I've dusted it occasionally and checked to see if there were any firmware security updates, other than that it just works.
Look in the appropriate section of the router config. Usually a router will tell you what the //xxx/xxx/xxx address is for the share.

BTW drive mappings only have relevance to Windows. They're meaningless to Sonos.