Asus AC66u router update ruined my drive mappinfs for usb drive

• 18 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
I just updated my router firmware, and apparently can't revert now. I have a WD My Passport connected to the router. It was fine until the update. Now I can't connect, via Windows or Sonos. I have tried various new drive mappings in Windows, can't get the syntax correct. What was working was //rt-ac66u/My_Passport/flac Yes, forward slashes. It was mapped as my S: drive. Closest I've got was \\rt-ac66u\flac ( where flac is a shared folder on the WD drive. Then asks for password I don't have ( I never used a password for this drive )

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Look in the appropriate section of the router config. Usually a router will tell you what the //xxx/xxx/xxx address is for the share.

BTW drive mappings only have relevance to Windows. They're meaningless to Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If nothing else grab a WD Live Drive, it is Ethernet connected and works perfectly for a Sonos music library host. I got one when I got tired of updates and glitches to my other attempts to host the music library. Since I got it I've dusted it occasionally and checked to see if there were any firmware security updates, other than that it just works.