Answered

Artwork/Now Playing Not Updating in App

• 27 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey everyone,

I just started noticing an issue this morning in my Sonos app and I’m wondering if anyone else is running into this issue.

When I start a shuffle play, the album artwork displays and the playback time moves like normal. However, when it reaches the end of the track, the artwork will not update to the new song, and the playbar hangs at the end of the previous track.

It’s as though the system moves on to the next track, but the new track information doesn’t get processed/come in to the app.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by controlav 28 March 2021, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

What’s the music source you’re playing? My guess is a slight connection issue where the callback to get the new art is failing, but there is enough buffer to cover the music stream. But submitting a diagnostic and calling Sonos directly would be my next move, if it were me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This can happen when the UPnP event stream is broken by something. Those events are how Controller apps know when status (eg the current track) changes. Restarting the app should always fix it. (Well unless you have a really terrible router).