Arc periodically losing power

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I’ve had my Arc since they came out. Over the last 4-6 weeks with TV - LG OLED B9. on I noticed the sound would stop 1-2x per week. At first I thought it was the station but I’d change the TV sound output to TV and I’d not only hear sound, but after a 2-3 minutes the sound would switch back to the ARC. I’ve since noticed that when this happens, the ARC doesn’t respond to Alexa, is not showing in the app and there are no lights on. It just happened again and after switching the TV output, it switched back after ~5 min. 

I’ve noticed similar complaints. What’s the remedy?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you checked the connection of the power cable to the Arc to make sure it isn’t loose? Is the Arc plugged into a power strip that could be faulty? You might also try unplugging the Arc and TV for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router and phone. Also disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable from the Arc to the TV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Close your eyes, grit your teeth and PUSH (way harder than you think is safe) on the power cable and it will probably go in another bit and work properly.

I use a tiny bit of DRY silicone lube on the hole and cord before plugging it in to make the push a bit less stressful. DO NOT use oily or other liquid silicone lube!