Question

Arc now completely stopped working

• 21 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have the Arc since a couple of weeks, it intermittently just stops working. I have to switch via the TV to the TV speakers and then the Arc starts working agaim.

Until now, it has completely stopped working. What to do? Diag number 1629218982. Very annoying. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mandatory.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and submitting a diagnostic. I understand your situation and it can be quite frustrating especially in the middle of watching a movie. let me help you out.

Based on the submitted diagnostic, it seems that the Arc is not playing anything and not receiving any signal. Allow me to suggest submitting another diagnostic while the TV is turned on and after 3-5 minutes of the issue happening so that we can take a look at what is going on with the signal.

I would also like to ask if we can provide some details to further isolate the issue.

• What is the source of the video you are watching at the time the issue happened?
  • Does it happen regardless of the source? TV or music?
  • What happens prior the issue starts to happen? Was the TV turned off? Were we listening to music and then turning the TV back on?
  • Can we try unplugging the Sonos Arc from power and plugging it back after 10-15 seconds to refresh and get rid of temporary data stored on the Arc?

The more information you provide, the more we can better understand what is going on and how to help out.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,