Answered

Arc not sending signal to the Sub and Surrounds (One SL's) but everything shows connected in the app

Hi There -

I’ve been using the Arc, Sub and One SL’s as surrounds successfully for 2 years without issue and recently I noticed there was no bass coming from the sub and nothing coming from the surrounds even though everything was still connected in the app (Sub+RS+LS).  If I pull the power to reset the Arc and everything seems to wake up and come back, but then it’ll randomly drop out while watching something or be out when I turn on the tv next time.  Everything is all in the same room and the router is near by, but hardwiring the arc would be a bit of a hassle so I wondering if adding the boost may solve the issue.  

Thanks!

I’m using and Apple TV+ and Sony X900h.  

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 18 May 2022, 14:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I am also a loyal customer with a Beam Gen 2 and like above, no issues at all. So it's not all users but understandable that those affected are frustrated. It would be useful to try to pin down similarities in those who have the issue rather than state it's affecting everyone. In the other long thread there is an attempt to do this which may be useful 

Like I mentioned in the longer thread, don’t have many users complaining with Beam. Most users that have common issue is Arc, sub and surrounds as One SLs. 

Also, we have all pinpointed similarities, all experience dropouts on changing formats. Why? I have submitted over 30+ diagnostics with a good and bad case but even a Level 3 engineer from Sonos engineering isn’t able to diagnose the problem. Happy to share the case number. Frustration is legit as you can’t just sit with a system worth in excess of 3000$ that doesn’t even work and the issue can’t be isolated by Sonos engineering to be on the customers end either. Btw, a level 3 engineer would only get involved if you have followed all best practices from Sonos which I have and been sitting for 7 weeks without a solution, so frustration is legit and like I mentioned in the other thread, you are fortunate to not have been affected by the problem. Several hundred people complaining about the issue can’t all be wrong

Odd. I’m a loyal Sonos customer, with two Arcs installed in my home, running the latest version of S2, and have not experienced this issue in any way. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Looks like you have the same problem being discussed here:

Userlevel 7

I wouldn’t purchase a Boost specifically for this as the Arc uses it’s own 5GHz radio to communicate with sub/surrounds.

Others are experiencing the same dropouts since the 14.6 update. See the following thread:

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I am also a loyal customer with a Beam Gen 2 and like above, no issues at all. So it's not all users but understandable that those affected are frustrated. It would be useful to try to pin down similarities in those who have the issue rather than state it's affecting everyone. In the other long thread there is an attempt to do this which may be useful 

Like I mentioned in the longer thread, don’t have many users complaining with Beam. Most users that have common issue is Arc, sub and surrounds as One SLs. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi There -

I’ve been using the Arc, Sub and One SL’s as surrounds successfully for 2 years without issue and recently I noticed there was no bass coming from the sub and nothing coming from the surrounds even though everything was still connected in the app (Sub+RS+LS).  If I pull the power to reset the Arc and everything seems to wake up and come back, but then it’ll randomly drop out while watching something or be out when I turn on the tv next time.  Everything is all in the same room and the router is near by, but hardwiring the arc would be a bit of a hassle so I wondering if adding the boost may solve the issue.  

Thanks!

I’m using and Apple TV+ and Sony X900h.  

Please tweet to Sonos, raise it to Social media handles. Every loyal Sonos user is doomed with this update. The company doesn’t care about the old customers anymore.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Odd. I’m a loyal Sonos customer, with two Arcs installed in my home, running the latest version of S2, and have not experienced this issue in any way. 

Not sure what setup you own or have mate. Is it just Arc because that works 😊. Just dropouts from sub and surrounds.