Answered

Arc keeps losing connection during setup

I have had many problems with my Sonos system since I bought it two months ago. Almost daily for the last month all of my devices cannot connect to my system. Typically I can reconnect by power cycling some combination of the router, the modem, and the devices. But now my arc can’t connect. I can get the app to find it, but it loses connection while setting it up. This is ridiculous. 

I have an arc connected to my TV, sub Gen 3 and two Sonos one SLs pairs as stereo. I have a Sonos One in another room. It is always something. Thinking about returning if I can. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 May 2021, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Keep it on channel 6 if it is working. It you experience problems again, switch it to channel 11.

It is set on 6, but remarkably, everything magically worked this time. If I change it to channel 11 now, will that screw anything up?

Userlevel 7

What is your SonosNet channel set to under the Network settings? Eero recommends channel 11.

It is connected to the actual router through an unmanaged switch. 

Userlevel 7

Is the Arc connected to the actual router or gateway or to one of the Eero “pods”?

Eeros 6 (not pro)

Userlevel 7

What model router are you using?

If I disconnect the arc, it can’t find the network at all

Userlevel 7

If you disconnect the Arc from the router and use a wireless setup, do you notice any difference?

The arc is already connected by Ethernet to the router. I cannot connect any other devices to the router by Ethernet. 

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect the Arc or the One in the other room directly to the router with an ethernet cable?