Answered

Arc keeps losing connection during setup

I have had many problems with my Sonos system since I bought it two months ago. Almost daily for the last month all of my devices cannot connect to my system. Typically I can reconnect by power cycling some combination of the router, the modem, and the devices. But now my arc can’t connect. I can get the app to find it, but it loses connection while setting it up. This is ridiculous. 

I have an arc connected to my TV, sub Gen 3 and two Sonos one SLs pairs as stereo. I have a Sonos One in another room. It is always something. Thinking about returning if I can. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 May 2021, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect the Arc or the One in the other room directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

The arc is already connected by Ethernet to the router. I cannot connect any other devices to the router by Ethernet. 

Userlevel 7

If you disconnect the Arc from the router and use a wireless setup, do you notice any difference?

If I disconnect the arc, it can’t find the network at all

Userlevel 7

What model router are you using?

Eeros 6 (not pro)

Userlevel 7

Is the Arc connected to the actual router or gateway or to one of the Eero “pods”?

It is connected to the actual router through an unmanaged switch. 

Userlevel 7

What is your SonosNet channel set to under the Network settings? Eero recommends channel 11.

It is set on 6, but remarkably, everything magically worked this time. If I change it to channel 11 now, will that screw anything up?

Userlevel 7

Keep it on channel 6 if it is working. It you experience problems again, switch it to channel 11.