Answered

ARC audio cutting out

• 27 July 2020
  • 6 replies

First post and new user. 

I have the Sonos Arc (and gen 3 sub and dual SL rears) connected to an LG OLED C9 via eARC and HDMI 8K 2.1 cable and hard wired Cat7 Ethernet (Orbi WiFi 6 system). With both DirecTV and Apple TV I have started to get audio cutting out for a FRACTION of a second randomly. I have power cycled and made sure all have up to date software. I will remove the WiFi password tonight as recommended by Sonos when hardwiring. I have Dolby Digital/Atmos set to automatic. 

Any other ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 August 2020, 04:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Power cycled what?

I would also suggest re-seating the HDMI cables.

Yes sir. Power cycled TV & ARC and re-seated all HDMI cables. Thank you for the input!

Anyone else have any ideas?  Set up ARC and sub/surround with all wireless.  Still sometimes doing it. 

The only other thing I can think of would be wifi interference interference in the 5Ghz range, but that would only apply to the connection between the Arc and the surrounds, and not the TV and the Arc, which is wired via the HDMI cable.

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

Userlevel 7

@chaseericsson

Excellent advice by @Airgetlam 

Just so happens I have an LG OLED C9 sending audio over HDMI-eARC to a Sonos Arc with Gen 3 sub and Sonos One x 2 as surrounds. I have no instances of audio drop.

Note:

1. eARC on the LG OLED C9 is selectable in the sound menu (meaning it must be turned on)
  2. AppleTV (ATV) must be set to Dolby Digital 5.1 in the ATV audio/video menu as the Arc will not recognize LPCM sent by ATV. The Arc is slated to be updated to process LPCM hopefully in the near future.
  3. Can’t speak to audio sent by DirecTV
  4. Check your connections.
  5. Make sure your Sonos component is wired to the main router and not a satilite 
  6. If main router is too far away I suggest you invest in the Sonos Boost ($99_USD)

Cheers!

Userlevel 7

@chaseericsson Did you ever get this fixed? If so, what was the solution?