Answered

Arc and Move

Badge +1

I cannot seem to get the Arc and the Move to get their WiFi signals from the same network.  The Arc is connected to a Sony Bravia TV via HDMI arc, but does not have an ethernet connection.  In the S2 app, I have a single WiFi network specified.  But the Arc isn’t getting its WiFi signal from my primary router - the Move is.  That difference is problematic when I group the Arc and Move.

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 2 May 2022, 23:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Describe your network in more detail. Router model? Network switches? Mesh points? WiFi extenders?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Where is the Arc getting the WiFi connection from?

Badge +1

I am not sure from where the Arc is getting its WiFi signal.  Maybe from the Sonos Amp?

The network is as follows: Verizon G3100 router in bridge mode - Ubiquiti Dream Machine router - Ubiquiti pro switches - Ubiquiti AC-Pro network extenders.  The Amp is connected via ethernet to 1 of the switches.  Based on proximity, the Arc “should” be getting its WiFi signal from 1 of the network extenders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So the Arc isn’t using wifi in this set up because it’s via cable?

Userlevel 7

I am not sure from where the Arc is getting its WiFi signal.  Maybe from the Sonos Amp?

The network is as follows: Verizon G3100 router in bridge mode - Ubiquiti Dream Machine router - Ubiquiti pro switches - Ubiquiti AC-Pro network extenders.  The Amp is connected via ethernet to 1 of the switches.  Based on proximity, the Arc “should” be getting its WiFi signal from 1 of the network extenders.

The Arc will be using SonosNet to connect with with wired Amp.

The Move does not connect to SonosNet and connects by WiFi to your router.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Look at your Network Matrix to see who is connecting where on SonosNet, use your Amps IP v4 address:

http://0.0.0.0:1400/support/review

Badge +1

Thanks all.  The Arc was getting its signal from the Amp via SonosNet.