Answered

Apple Watch causing Sonos to disappear from Spotify Connect

Badge
Weird problem that I'm experiencing, since getting an Apple Watch. If I use the Spotify app on my iPhone that is paired to my watch my Sonos speaker no longer show in Spotify connect. I tried logging into my Spotify account on another phone and they all show. Also if I turn my watch off, the instant it powers of th Sonos speakers appear??

I'm not even sure whether this is an Apple, Sonos or Spotify issue but it's very annoying as I always start my playback from Spotify app rather than Sonos. Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 7 October 2019, 23:58

Hi everyone, we're working with Spotify on an issue that I believe is adjacent to this one. It's not specific to Apple Watch, but there's an issue where sometimes the iOS Spotify App doesn't find Sonos players. They are working on an update to the Spotify app to resolve the issue. If it's the same issue, another potential fix it is to go into iOS Settings > scroll to Spotify app, tap it and enable “mobile/cellular data ”. If this doesn’t work toggling airplane mode on and off may also work.
View original

13 replies

Badge
HI! So wow. --- I have had this same issue for two months and been researching this on and off... I just turned off my Apple Watch on Watch OS 6 and 5 and poof! The SONOS speakers showed back up on Spotify in iOS 13... Thanks for now!
Badge
so like clock work, I turned on the Apple Watch (Series 3, Watch OS 6.0.1) and most of the SONOS speakers disappeared. Turned the Apple Watch off and they all came back. SO ODD...
Badge
Weird problem that I'm experiencing, since getting an Apple Watch. If I use the Spotify app on my iPhone that is paired to my watch my Sonos speaker no longer show in Spotify connect. I tried logging into my Spotify account on another phone and they all show. Also if I turn my watch off, the instant it powers of th Sonos speakers appear??

I'm not even sure whether this is an Apple, Sonos or Spotify issue but it's very annoying as I always start my playback from Spotify app rather than Sonos. Any ideas?

Hi! did you also submit to the Spotify Community?
Badge

So I made one of the Sonos speakers a favorite in the Spotify app (clicking on the three dots next to the name) and that one seems to say when the Apple Watch is turned back on.
Wow; had this issue for a few weeks and this has caused it. How to get Spotify / Sonos to fix ?
Wow, I'm having the same issue. Turning off the watch works for a bit but then if I turn it back on the Sonos player disappears.
Badge
Wow; had this issue for a few weeks and this has caused it. How to get Spotify / Sonos to fix ?
I am going to submit to the Spotify message board and see what happens.
Just tested it and could reproduce issue. Apple Watch off and sonos speakers all appeared and watch on they disappeared. Freaky!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we're working with Spotify on an issue that I believe is adjacent to this one. It's not specific to Apple Watch, but there's an issue where sometimes the iOS Spotify App doesn't find Sonos players. They are working on an update to the Spotify app to resolve the issue. If it's the same issue, another potential fix it is to go into iOS Settings > scroll to Spotify app, tap it and enable “mobile/cellular data ”. If this doesn’t work toggling airplane mode on and off may also work.
Badge
Interesting. Just tried the airplane mode toggle trick and the speakers have reappeared (for now)
That Ryan guy seems to know his job. Go figure.
Badge
I am glad to know they're aware of the issue and working on it....
This worked for a few days and now back to no Sonos in Spotify.