Question

Apple TV 4k -> Kanex -> optical to Beam

• 30 January 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I have a problem with my setup… 

Working setup… Benq beamer hdmi to Kanex and hdmi to Apple tv… From Kanex I use a optical cable to my playbar… Everything worked…

Now I changed the playbar to a beam, and are using the included optical to hdmi adapter that came with the beam… But I have no Sound?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The only thing that would make any sense is if the Apple TV changed the format of the stream it is presenting to the Kanex...or the Kanex has broken. The Apple TV needs to be locked down to Dolby Digital in its audio settings. Anything more than that could be sent to the Kanex, but wouldn’t be sent across that optical line.

Yes, there is a minuscule possibility that the Beam or adapter is broken, you’d need to submit a diagnostic for the Sonos folks to look at the electronics on the Beam, but that is , as I say, minuscule, compared to the audio settings on the Apple TV.