Answered

Apple TV 4 remote volume control is not working

• 26 September 2016
  • 3 replies

It used to work, but (I think) after the latest update not anymore: the volume control on the Apple TV 4 remote. I have a playbar which is connected to my Samsung TV. The remote for the Samsung works on the playbar, the playbar receives the signal and controls the tv. The same goes for the remote from my tv-box from my cable operater. And before the update, I was able to control the volume with the remote from my Apple TV 4.

Does anyone have the same problem or does anyone have a solution?
like this0
icon

Best answer by Tom B 29 September 2016, 11:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi eclipse011, it sounds like something may have changed with the Apple TV remote rather than the PLAYBAR, if the remotes from your Samsung and cable box are still being recognized. The PLAYBAR simply learns the IR codes sent from a remote. You may need to reprogram the Apple remote. Here's how to do that:

• On your Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control.
  • Select Learn New Device.
  • Follow the onscreen steps to program your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote to control volume for your television or receiver.

Moderator note: This is an older response documenting how to get a third-party (Apple) product working on Sonos. The advice provided is intended to get you started or to point you in the right direction. In practice, however, the steps may be subject to change without notice.

For further assistance in configuring Apple products, you may be best served contacting them directly.
I can't get any further in the steps of learning the siri remote, so I guess I'll check the other support forum 😉
It's solved. It's a bit confusing, but to make the Siri Remote control the volume, you have to do the steps in "Learn a new device" with your TV-remote.