Answered

Apple Podcasts - Playback stops randomly, skips to next/previous podcast

• 19 April 2018
  • 2 replies

I just purchased two new Sonos One speakers and am already having an issue with podcast playback through my iPhone 8 Plus.

When I try to play a podcast that I've downloaded onto my phone from the Apple Podcasts app through the Sonos app by navigating from Browse > On this iPhone > Podcasts, it will play for between 5 and 10 minutes and then will just stop playback and then attempt to cue up the next or previous podcast on the list. This behavior only seems to occur with podcasts, as any music that I've streamed has not had this issue so far. Is there any suggested way to resolve this? I purchased two of these speakers in order to not only listen to music but also podcasts, so this is a bit frustrating to say the least. Any suggestions would be welcome.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 19 April 2018, 23:15

Hello there, soundwaves99. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Streaming content from your phone can run into a couple bottlenecks. In most cases, mobile devices do not have a powerful enough wireless card that can keep the latency below 10ms. To read more about this, a fellow Community member shared his interaction with the technicians about this here.

In the meantime, have you tried using something like Pocket Casts to bring podcasts to Sonos?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, soundwaves99. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Streaming content from your phone can run into a couple bottlenecks. In most cases, mobile devices do not have a powerful enough wireless card that can keep the latency below 10ms. To read more about this, a fellow Community member shared his interaction with the technicians about this here.

In the meantime, have you tried using something like Pocket Casts to bring podcasts to Sonos?