Answered

Apple Music “We’ve run into problem”

Out of the blue, I was prompted by Sonos reauthorize my Apple Music services. When I attempt to do so, I was shown the warning.

diagnostic confirmation: 1638632981
icon

Best answer by Smilja 11 August 2019, 15:23

I have a similar problem. Had to reauthorise Apple Music and getting this error message. I too have a fully paid up Apple Music subscription and am wondering what the problem could be.

Are you running iOS 13 beta on your device by chance?
View original

15 replies

What iOS version are you running on your iPhone?

Have you checked if the Apple Music (‘native') App is also working okay on the iPhone and logged into your (valid music subscription) account.
Yup! Already have. Also, did research and it seems to be a Common problem
Userlevel 1
Badge
When was the last time you powered down your Router? If it has been a long time since the last power cycle of the Router. I would start there.

Once the Router is fully up and running I would then power cycle the Sonos system(All Sonos speakers)
Even give the controller a power down and back up. This way everything gets a fresh network connection and you should be able to Add Apple Music
Done that already too. Did it twice. It’s not working. Looking through the community, this is common and usually will be resolve if people post it here by SONOS or Apple
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Is this a paid for account subscription or a trial?
It’s paid. payment is fine. I can use my Apple Music. Is linking Sonos to Apple Music
I have a similar problem. Had to reauthorise Apple Music and getting this error message. I too have a fully paid up Apple Music subscription and am wondering what the problem could be.
It might be helpful to the Sonos Customer Care Staff, if the folk reporting the Apple Music Service authorisation issue, can perhaps mention their model of iOS device and the version of iOS operating system and perhaps submit a diagnostic and post the reference here for them to investigate the matter further.

I don’t use the Apple Music service, but meanwhile maybe try closing the Sonos App completely after removing the Apple Music Service and reboot the mobile device and try reinstalling again.

Hope the matter gets resolved soon.

Are you running iOS 13 beta on your device by chance?
Smilja, you are right. Thanks that might be the issue. I will raise with Apple.

I have a similar problem. Had to reauthorise Apple Music and getting this error message. I too have a fully paid up Apple Music subscription and am wondering what the problem could be.Are you running iOS 13 beta on your device by chance?

I'm using iOS 13 beta and That's when the problem started
Is this a paid for account subscription or a trial?
I believe if you updated your phone to iOS 13 beta then this is what caused it. I was fine until I updated my iPhone to iOS 13. And now I'm having the same exact issue. Sonos was working perfectly fine until the iOS update
Same problem here. Started when I updated to iOS 13 beta.
As has been indicated in this thread and others, Sonos (and specifically the Apple Music aspect) and the Beta iOS don't work well together. You should submit a bug report to Apple.

In all previous cases, Sonos hasn't supported any beta OS builds on any platform. I suspect that it's the same here.

If you're having an issue, it's being caused by the Beta OS, and not Sonos.
For those people running the iOS 13 beta, the latest update 7 seemed to fix the issue for me.