Answered

Apple Music - We’ve run into a problem…

• 22 September 2021
  • 8 replies

This issue has been posted several times on here by various users, and no real answer / solution has been provided yet — so let’s try one more time!

I’ve had this issue for around 6 months now, started as soon as I switched back to Apple Music from Tidal.

The Problem: Certain views of “My Music” cannot be accessed in the Sonos controller app. For me, the issue is isolated to “Apple Music → My Music → Artists” and “Apple Music → My Music → Albums”. The precise error message is “We’ve run into a problem. Try again.”

SONOS TEAM: this is NOT a wifi issue, and I’ve already gone through the obvious troubleshooting steps (all the way down to a complete factory reset across every speaker and set the system up again from scratch). I’m a technology architect, I deal with issues like this everyday. This is a software bug that needs to be raised with the appropriate product manager. The fact that Playlists and the Songs are both working perfectly fine makes this glaringly clear to anyone familiar with the Apple Music API that there is bug in the code specific to the Artists and Album routes. This is not likely to be an account issue or a broad authentication issue, since every song in my account can be returned perfectly fine under “Apple Music → My Music → Songs”. Happy to get into more detail with the PM if you want to have them reach out to me.

Here’s a diagnostic, but I doubt it’s going to help: 1764099374

Really hoping we can get this solved this time!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 September 2021, 17:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @joshua7 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who can try our Apple test accounts on your system to compare results.

Certainly, if everyone was affected by this we’d hear a lot more about it - which isn’t to say we haven’t heard of this happening before, but it’s very rare and has so far resolved itself before we could find out what caused it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

All one has to do is look at the forum here to see that lots of people are having a problem. Please can this be looked at and resolved?

All one has to do is look at the forum here to see that lots of people are having a problem. Please can this be looked at and resolved?

There’s lots of threads on this issue and the solution is to borrow/use an Apple device to setup the AM service until Apple fix their service sharing agreement on Android. It’s Apple’s issue to resolve this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Using Android, a bigger problem I think it is the fact that the categories in Apple Music app like ‘Browse’ or ‘Listen Now’ do not match at all with the categories in the Sonos App. This makes it extremely difficult and confusing to find content The ‘For You’ category in Sonos App shows ‘We’ve run into a problem. Try again’. We cannot use the Android Apple Music app to stream content to Sonos which I think would be the preferred option (I do realize that this is on Apple’s side). I don’t really care the solutions being adding services via Apple device… Let’s not even talk about the impossibility of adding Apple Music service to Sonos at all in Android at the moment…

Sonos should remove Apple Music from the list of supported services in Android, it just either doesn’t work at all at the moment (if you just bought a Sonos product and cannot add the service) or if you have an account setup the missing/broken functionality make it a completely subpar experience when compared to Spotify for instance. It’s just crossing the line of false advertising at the moment...

Using Android, a bigger problem I think it is the fact that the categories in Apple Music app like ‘Browse’ or ‘Listen Now’ do not match at all with the categories in the Sonos App. This makes it extremely difficult and confusing to find content The ‘For You’ category in Sonos App shows ‘We’ve run into a problem. Try again’. We cannot use the Android Apple Music app to stream content to Sonos which I think would be the preferred option (I do realize that this is on Apple’s side). I don’t really care the solutions being adding services via Apple device… Let’s not even talk about the impossibility of adding Apple Music service to Sonos at all in Android at the moment…

Sonos should remove Apple Music from the list of supported services in Android, it just either doesn’t work at all at the moment (if you just bought a Sonos product and cannot add the service) or if you have an account setup the missing/broken functionality make it a completely subpar experience when compared to Spotify for instance. It’s just crossing the line of false advertising at the moment...

I thought the issue of adding Apple Music to the Sonos App on Android had recently been fixed by Apple?

Also the content Apple chooses to display through the Sonos App is actually down to Apple - all Sonos are doing is making their API available to all services and the Apple team decide what they wish to include/exclude.

Many other in-built services work fine, so I don’t see why Apple are unable to improve things, but it’s down to them, rather than Sonos.

I agree with you, the Apple interface in Sonos leaves a lot to be desired and I suspect they may change it (perhaps), if they decide to make available their HD/UltraHD/Atmos music audio on Sonos devices, which I think will attract a good many customers to use their platform.

We shall have to see what happens next year, I guess.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I thought the issue of adding Apple Music to the Sonos App on Android had recently been fixed by Apple?

Has it been fixed? If so apologies but it has to be a very recent fix then. I had to borrow an iPhone last week to be able to reauthorize my son’s account…

Yeah, I really hope we will see the addition of Losless/Spatial Apple Music next year + a revamp of what can we see/access via Sonos app from Apple Music… I really hope so.. It’s just that the experience of Sonos + Apple Music + Android has always been so … lacking … I will really believe it when I see it. Let’s wait and see...

Badge

This is most likely an Apple Music problem. I have the same problem. I click on “My Music” and I get “We’ve run into a problem. Try again.” I’ve tried everything too. As I’ve heard there are many many people with this problem. It could seem rare, but it’s affecting people and their experience. The lack of a solution for this, all these years is crazy and sad.

This is most likely an Apple Music problem. I have the same problem. I click on “My Music” and I get “We’ve run into a problem. Try again.” I’ve tried everything too. As I’ve heard there are many many people with this problem. It could seem rare, but it’s affecting people and their experience. The lack of a solution for this, all these years is crazy and sad.

Yes, I see the same issue too. Hopefully Apple will go onto get this fixed after the Holidays are over.🤞