Apple Music: Some songs either won't play or skip after a few secs

• 8 February 2017
  • 2 replies

I have both Apple Music and Spotify. For some reason Sonos keep skipping about half of my Apple Music songs after a few seconds or just doesn't want to play them entirely. And it is always the same songs! This is completely random, since I can have songs from the same album play just fine, but others just skip. I use Apple Music almost exclusevly for the iCloud Music feature, so all of my music was initially a local music library (and still is), but I use Apple Music/iCloud Music to be able to stream all of my around 25 000 on my phone. I don't have iTunes Match, as I don't want Apple Music to replace any of my local music - which is either burned off CD's or purchased from Beatport - all DRM free and in 320 kbps mp3. Apple Music then either matches the songs or uploads them if it cannot find a match. I guess that Sonos uses my iCloud Music to stream from? So, I ask again, why is it skipping some songs at random?? (Even though many of them are on the same album as other songs that play just fine!)

This is driving me nuts!
Anyone has the same problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

BUMP!

Would like to get this issues resolved :-/
I've done some more reading on this community, and it seems that others might have the same problem, although I haven't read anyone specifying if one and the same album both have songs playing fine and some songs not playing/skipping.
According to this thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/apple-music-matched-songs-not-playable-6738636 - This might be a bug with Apple Music and Sonos is working on it, but I have also experienced songs skipping on Spotify.

If ANYONE from Sonos is reading this, please let me know what I can do (even if it's only to acknowledge that you have a problem with Apple Music atm, and that all I can do is wait while you try to fix this)
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey Kyrill, I'll be more than happy to help.

Sonos will use the iCloud music account when designated to search for tracks in "My Music," whereas we will look at the Apple Music catalog when set to search via Apple Music.

Do you notice if the tracks that skip are ones that have been uploaded to Apple Music or does it not matter?

Seeing that there are skips with both Apple Music and Spotify the issue could be due to wireless interference. I'd like to get a better look at how your system is communicating, can you submitting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?