Question

Apple Music service connection was lost

• 16 February 2017
  • 6 replies

I'm not able to stream from my apple music service to my either sonos play 5 or play 1. Oddly, I'm able to stream radio stations from the apple music service, but not the 'new', 'for you' or my library. It would somehow play for a few seconds and stops and jumps to the next track, but no sound at all. I've submitted my diagnostic 7107355. Please help. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm not able to stream from my apple music service to my either sonos play 5 or play 1. Oddly, I'm able to stream radio stations from the apple music service, but not the 'new', 'for you' or my library. It would somehow play for a few seconds and stops and jumps to the next track, but no sound at all. I've submitted my diagnostic 7107355. Please help. Thanks.

Hi dsianand,

There's wireless interference showing up which is causing communication errors and may be the reason for the issues you're having. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using and see if that helps.
I've tried changing the channel to 1, 6 and 11 and still no avail. Setup the sonos using bridge, direct lan to router and wireless still doesnt help at all.
Please any update? This is really frustrating. Tried unplugging all my players and modems/router but no avail. Reset the player and controller same thing. Tried changing the router radio channel also useless
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please any update? This is really frustrating. Tried unplugging all my players and modems/router but no avail. Reset the player and controller same thing. Tried changing the router radio channel also useless

Please send in a new diagnostic report and reply with the number. I'll check to see if the wireless environment has improved.
Here's my new diagnostic: 7155621
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Here's my new diagnostic: 7155621

There's quite a bit of wireless interference still. Your BRIDGE is having a hard time communicating with the rest of your system, the living room units in particular. Please look around your router and living room units for any third party wireless devices which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones (especially DECT phones), wireless cameras, wireless lighting systems, wireless cameras, wireless thermostats, and wireless printers. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos speakers and see if things improve.