Answered

Apple Music no longer working (intermittent)

• 10 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi

Apple Music user and have never had issues while using sonos with this service. In the last week however I frequently get messages saying cannot connect to Apple Music song cannot be played etc. Apple Music works fine on my phone and all other devices. I’ve re added my account but it didn’t make a difference. Having a look on here suggests this may be a wireless interference issue, not sure why this has changed, so I have changed my access points to various channels as far away from the sonos channel (11) as I can. Still didn’t work.

My diagnostics code is 7936960.

Am I correct in saying that aboost would have no performance increase over a wired play 5 other than I could place in a more suitable position?

Any help would be much appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 October 2017, 19:08

If you've looked at wireless interference, I'd think the next step might be duplicate IP addresses, which would manifest itself whether wired with cable or not. Try unplugging your speaker(s) from power, then reboot your router, and allow it to fully reboot. Then plug back in your first (and wired, if you have one) Sonos device, and give it enough time to boot up, then move on to the next one.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Quick update. Tried a Ethernet connected speaker which also couldn’t play Apple Music successfully so to me this makes the idea that it’s interferance unlikely. Been really bad today and hasn’t really worked at all.
If you've looked at wireless interference, I'd think the next step might be duplicate IP addresses, which would manifest itself whether wired with cable or not. Try unplugging your speaker(s) from power, then reboot your router, and allow it to fully reboot. Then plug back in your first (and wired, if you have one) Sonos device, and give it enough time to boot up, then move on to the next one.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at.
Userlevel 2
Badge
This has reared its head again. Apple Music very spotty.
This has been happening to me as well for over a week. It worked fine and then a week ago it would play the music from my iTunes acct and then it started dropping songs w messages that it can’t conncet to Apple Music. I thought Sonos would have customer service available on the weekend - when most ppl have time to enjoy music at home - but they don’t. Really disappointed!
So I have had no issues for a while. My quick solution was to reboot my modem/router combo device which worked each time. This may indicate that Airgetlam was correct and it was an IP issue. I've now dumped that router and have moved to a different device (I had an Apple Airport Extreme available) and haven't had issues since.

For others having problems I believe Apple Music uses more bandwidth than other services (tunein for example) so issues with it could be a sign of wireless interference on your system which isn't bad enough to cause issues all the time and with all services.