Answered

Apple Music Beats 1 On Demand - Access is Denied

• 1 February 2019
  • 48 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Over the last few days the Host On Demand shows won't play and after 10 seconds or so a dialog appears saying 'Access is Denied'. I can play any show before 1/29/19. Any show newer has this problem. I have tried the same thing from 3 different hosts On Demand sections.

I have - removed and added the Apple Music account
Restarted Sonos devices and apps
Updated everything

I ran a diagnostics this morning - 1775925292
Let me know if I need to run another one.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 3 April 2019, 20:23

Today's update to 10.1 includes a fix for Apple Music and Beats 1 on-demand content. For more information on this update and the new features, check out Ryan's post here.

If on-demand content is still not available after updating to the newest Sonos Controller software, reach out to our support team directly so they can have a look in real time. Thanks!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

48 replies

I have the same issue. I sent a diagnostic and have yet to get a response from Sonos. Works perfect on phone but not Sonos
Same here. Deleted and re-added my account. Updated everything, made sure Apple Music works on phone. Seems like a Sonos thing.
Also - should note that this seems limited to on-demand playback.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Anyone from Spotify have input? Known issue? Isolated? Something with Beats1? Anything?
Yes, i'm getting the same issue. Restarted app, updated, re-authorized apple music. "Access is denied"
Might be worth submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Bruce, thanks for the input. I did post a diagnostic in my original post and it was generated right after the error.

I will contact them, however I thought this was the official Troubleshooting forum.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, everyone. Thanks for bringing this up. The team is aware and looking into this problem with on-demand content. We will be sure to keep you updated as information becomes available.
Any update?
Hi there, everyone. Thanks for bringing this up. The team is aware and looking into this problem with on-demand content. We will be sure to keep you updated as information becomes available. Any update? I feel like at this point the Sonos team should have identified the problem and a timeline for solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There aren't any updates yet, Oshvip83. Unfortunately, where these things are concerned, a lot of data capturing and testing has to occur. Even once this is done, we need to work with Apple to fix it. As our product leaves the development aspects up to our respective music partners, we are often equally dependent on them in order to resolve such issues.
Ongoing issue and zero response or action from Sonos.
Terp29, I don't see a diagnostic submission/posting of the number from you. What is it you're expecting Sonos to do?
It was submitted to Sonos on 1/31/19. Per Sonos they are aware of the issue but yet it still exist.
Ah, I guess you're in contact with them in another venue, my apologies. I only read these forums, and didn't see you post a diagnostic number here for them to look at, since they don't normally look at submissions that aren't accompanied by a post or a phone call/ticket response.

If it's an issue on the Apple side, they may still be working with the Apple engineers to rectify the issue.
Any update on this, experiencing the same issue, now about 2 weeks since the original post.
There doesn’t seem to be any sense of urgency or update. I have a beam,3 and two ones and have to listen to Apple Music on demand via headphones. Not the experience I expected from Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi guys, we're still working on this one. We'll let you know as soon as it's resolved. It is a priority and the team is making good progress, but I don't have a timeline just yet to share.
Badge +1
Hello, I’ll add in my diagnostics number, 760251587, in case it helps, as I am also experiencing the same frustrating issue. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi everyone! Today, we have released an update to the Sonos Controller that should fix the "Access is Denied" error you've been receiving when attempting to access on-demand content on Apple Music.

If you are still having trouble playing on-demand content, please submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Thanks!

UPDATE: It has been brought to our attention that this issue has not been resolved for some users. The team is aware of this and is actively working to address this. Once we have more information to share, I will be sure to post an update. Thanks again for your patience.
Badge
Hi Keith!

Ran the update, still no access.
Diagnostics # 1281958428

Thanks.
Hello!

I'm new to the forum. It was not working for me, I found this thread and I have updated, however, it's still not working.

A real shame, hope it's fixed soon.

Diagnostic # 1606121804
Hi Keith, all up to date and same issue....
Diagnostic: 1296653630
Hello Keith,

Same as the other recent ones, I updated yesterday and still get the error message 'Unable to play '...' access is denied
Diagnostics # 1553706390
thanks
I’m having the same issue, have been following this thread from the start, no resolution. I have 3 Sonos speakers and am looking to finish off the house with the 4th for my lounge. Not impressed. 2002966141 is my diagnostic number, although judging by past replies that doesn’t really help. Please sort/fix ASAP