Answered

Apple Music Alexa not finding artists or songs

• 16 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a Sonos one an Apple Music connection. When I ask Alexa to play a song or to play an artist she says “I cant find songs by artist or the name of the song” on Apple Music. I also have an echo input and with exactly the same question it can play the item requested.  The Sonos One does seem to be able to find and play my Apple Music playlists.  I spent about an hour chat session with a very helpful Sonos Representative who had me disable Apple Music and reenable it and Sonos as well but no success. Has anyone struck a similar problem and managed to resolve it. if I ask the echo to play a song on my Sonos one that works

icon

Best answer by Corry P 18 October 2021, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried removing Alexa from the Sonos One in the Sonos app and re-adding it? You might also try unplugging the One from power for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router.

Badge

Thanks, yes tried both of those plus many others but no success

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jetace 

Thanks for your post!

Are you still having this problem? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports about the process.

Badge

Thanks Corry I have had 3 sessions with them and it has them puzzled. They have escalated it an I expect to hear in a couple of days