Apple music activity playlists

When I select an activity playlists no music is listed and it says “no selections are available”. I use this feature all the time so it’s a recent issue. I can access my recently played playlist but nothing new. Has anyone had a similar issue? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

I’m having the same problem…  hope someone can help 😊

Same problem here too! Any help appreciated 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos community. Let me help you with this.

First, let me ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did it start happening? Are you getting any error messages for me to check it?
2. Have you tried using another mobile controller? Did you encounter the same?
3. Have you tried updating your Sonos system? Updating your system usually resolved the issue.
4. Is removing and re-adding the Apple music service helped?

After checking the steps above and you're still having the same issue, please submit a diagnostic report to further check on this. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This is another issue with Apple’s SMAPI implementation. Please ask Apple to fix it.

Sure - my answers are as follows:

1. Started at about the same time as the last Sonos update, which may have coincided with iOS 14 update;
  2. Same issue - only have Sonos controller on iphone and ipad;
  3. System fully updated, may have caused the issue;
  4. Yes, I have removed and readded - no difference.

I’ve just submitted a diagnostic - 1609112769

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

@controlav, thank you for your assistance.
@russ1911, thank you for your response with your answers to all my questions and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me check it for you.

Upon checking, I don't see any issue that might be causing a problem to access your recently played playlist. I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps, and it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 

I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and to perform some basic troubleshooting to further check on this. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Same problem here.  I’ve been using Apple Activity Playlists (Apple Music/New/Activity Playlists) for years with Sonos as background music for work.  Access disappeared a couple of weeks back, now coming up with “No Selections are Available”.  

Rest of Apple music through Sonos controller is fine, and native Apple Music app continues to show full list of playlists.

Note I’m still using S1 Controller, since I have some older Sonos kit

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @HP01974, thank you for reaching to the Sonos Community and for letting us know your concern.

To further assist you on this, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process.

I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device to check what's going on and to provide the best option for you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi there,

I still have this problem and don’t really have the time at the moment to go through a lengthy call with customer service. As clearly others are having this issue, is there any progress on the Sonos side as to what could be the problem?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @russ1911, thank you for your response.

According to @controlav, this is an issue with Apple’s SMAPI implementation. You may try to contact Apple support to check it with them.

We have no information yet to share with you right now. I recommended contacting our Sonos Customer Care to isolate the issue. They have the tools to check what's going on in your system and remotely connect to your device to provide the best solution for you.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.

Badge

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos community. Let me help you with this.

First, let me ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did it start happening? Are you getting any error messages for me to check it?
2. Have you tried using another mobile controller? Did you encounter the same?
3. Have you tried updating your Sonos system? Updating your system usually resolved the issue.
4. Is removing and re-adding the Apple music service helped?

After checking the steps above and you're still having the same issue, please submit a diagnostic report to further check on this. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

Dear Rowena,

Please can you assist me with this very same issue?  I am using the S2 app and all the activity playlists have disappeared, this is very frustrating as I always use these on my system.

Diagnostic: 147928548

I have done all of your suggestions above and still nothing, just the disappointing message “No selections are available”.

Please please help.

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Badge

When I select an activity playlists no music is listed and it says “no selections are available”. I use this feature all the time so it’s a recent issue. I can access my recently played playlist but nothing new. Has anyone had a similar issue? 

Did you get your issue sorted?  I am having the same problem.

Kind Regards

Daniel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Every one reporting this problem is in the UK, which seems a possible interesting data point. What kind of accounts do you each have? Student / Individual / Family? I’m looking for something else that ties the problem users together.

(My wife’s account which works fine is US / Individual for reference).

Badge

Every one reporting this problem is in the UK, which seems a possible interesting data point. What kind of accounts do you each have? Student / Individual / Family? I’m looking for something else that ties the problem users together.

(My wife’s account which works fine is US / Individual for reference).

I have an individual Apple Music account, based in the UK. 

I have family member account in Ireland- same issue same timeframe as previous posts above and I tried all the tips and suggestions - but still not working unfortunately. Hopefully it will be sorted shortly by Sonia/Apple Thanks Cathal

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, thank you for reaching us to the Sonos community, and appreciate you for bringing this concern to us. Let me help you with this.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the patience and understanding. This issue has been reported to Apple but we don't have any further information to share. It may look like that this is a Sonos issue but the cause is Apple's end (in that Apple pushes what is displayed on Sonos). We recommend contacting Apple support to further assist you with this.

Try to search for a particular album within Apple Music > My Music on Sonos app. You should be able to see the album in your library and play it.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.

Same problem here and it’s recent - last few weeks. All Apple Music working fine through Sonos, but just get ‘no selections available’ in the Activity Playlists section. Really annoying and I’ve spent over an hour on the phone to a Sonos Customer Service who couldn’t sort it out. Any further update on this one?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Alins, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos Community and for letting us know about your concern.

We are aware of this concern and we already coordinated this with Apple but we have no information to share at the moment. To further assist you with this, we recommend reaching out to Apple support.

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hello, same problem here and it is annoying as it’s a function that I use often. What’s strange is that a couple of Activity Playlists are shown on my recently played home page on Sonos and can be selected and played in full. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tishlea14, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and sharing this with us. I'm glad that some of your activity playlists are showing and able to play it.  We have no updates to share with you about this. I'd recommend reaching out to Apple support for assistance.
Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

Also experiencing the same problem. Sonos controller s2 on iOS14. Started a few weeks ago. I’m also based in the UK. 

Badge +1

Same problem here. 
I always used activity playlists and there are gone now for months. I am even considering leaving Sonos to get them back. 
the loss of activity playlists is really a shame. That is what made the system perfect for me. Not looking for special Musik but activity like studying, party, chilling.…

These playlists should come through as normal playlists to the sonos  system. I don’t understand why it doesn’t work, other playlists can be used without problems. 

diagnostic: 1485556688

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. This issue has been reported to Apple and right now we still have no information to share with you. We really appreciate your patience. In the meantime, you can try to search for a particular album within Apple Music > My Music on the Sonos app and you should be able to see the album in your library and play it. If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out.