Answered

Apple Music

• 20 March 2021
  • 4 replies

We have Apple Music Family Sharing.  My husband added his Apple account and my son added his account.  However, when I try to add my account it will not allow me to.  It allows me to add Apple Music but then for the log in, it is for my husband’s account and won’t let me sign in.  It is the same result if I try to add Apple Music to Sonos on my phone or my Mac.  I have no problems with directly using Apple Music on my Mac or phone.  In other words, I can use my own Apple Music account.   In trying to resolve the issue, I also discovered that I can not sign in to Sonos with my account information (email) and it automatically has my husband’s email  and asks for that log in.  I have deleted the Sonos apps and reinstalled with the same result on both my phone and Mac.  What am I doing wrong? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 March 2021, 10:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos is designed to work with only one Sonos account. So in the Sonos app you log in with this account (reading your post it’s probably connected to your husbands’ e-mail). You can then add your Apple Music account to the music services.

We tried that.  It will not let me add my Apple Music account.  It will not allow anything other than his account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe Apple Music is different. This does work with Spotify. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3624 https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3282

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @NeedHelpNow 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As ​​​@106rallye says, the speaker system can only be registered to one account, but you can add multiple Apple Music accounts to one system.

Generally, when adding a music service account, the Sonos app will select the music service account that the dedicated app for that service is signed into. Therefore, if you try to add your account from your husband’s phone, his account is likely to show up. If, however, you try to add Apple Music from your phone (after signing into Sonos using your husband’s Sonos account), your phone should then prompt you to sign into your Apple Music account (assuming the Apple Music app on your phone is signed into your account. If it isn’t, please sign out and sign in as you in the Apple Music app).

I hope this helps.