apple homekit and eve door sensor and sonos roam

• 10 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi all

i have a Sonos  roam in the bathroom set up to play music when the door closes ( elgato Eve door sensor ) 

it works very well. 
I also have it set up that when the door opens the music on the sonos roam stops playing. 
the problem that I have is that when the music is paused for Sonos all my speakers in the house stop playing ( homepod ) 

qnyelse experiencing this ? How can I fix this. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi all

i have a Sonos  roam in the bathroom set up to play music when the door closes ( elgato Eve door sensor ) 

it works very well. 
I also have it set up that when the door opens the music on the sonos roam stops playing. 
the problem that I have is that when the music is paused for Sonos all my speakers in the house stop playing ( homepod ) 

qnyelse experiencing this ? How can I fix this. 

This is more of a HomeKit question rather than Sonos.  I use Hubitat and have similar issues.

Edit:

Sorry, pressed save too quickly!  I use Hubitat and my Harmony Hub to break the speakers into a separate group from the rest of the house and then pause that group.