Answered

App for iPod touch connecting to NAS & manage music library settings

• 15 February 2016
  • 6 replies

Hi, we have a 4th generation iPod touch running on ios 6.1.6 and have the sonos controller version 6.2. Just got a NAS box and trying to connect sonos controller to it but the settings for manage music library to add the NAS is not appearing. Any ideas on how to fix the app or connect the controller to the NAS via other means?
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 15 February 2016, 18:41

I think your ipod touch on iOS6, is too old for all functionality within sonos. Can you use a laptop instead?
It's worse with google chromecast, iOS6 doesn't work at all, I found out yesterday when I tried...:O(((
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I think your ipod touch on iOS6, is too old for all functionality within sonos. Can you use a laptop instead?
It's worse with google chromecast, iOS6 doesn't work at all, I found out yesterday when I tried...:O(((
Thank you. Its disappointing Apple products go out of date so quickly. And it doesn't even support Chromecast?! If we used the laptop I take it it needs to be on all the time and controlled from that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I would add the music library to sonos through the laptop, and index it. Then when working, the other controllers should see it. Laptop can then be turned off and controllers should see path to the NAS....no actual experience with NAS, I have all my music online in google play.
We have 2x 4th gen ipods, which actually sit nicely on top of play:1's, and have been recycled as excellent sonos controllers ;O)
Thank you. Its disappointing Apple products go out of date so quickly. And it doesn't even support Chromecast?! If we used the laptop I take it it needs to be on all the time and controlled from that?

No, you'd only need the laptop to setup the NAS in the first instance and maybe to add music to it later on as required.
Thank you all very much! I can now access my music on the NAS and use the iPod as the controller. Just set it up via the computer and now it finds it. Problem solved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Glad to here you got there in the end.
Keep us informed on what NAS you have, and how easy it is to use. Its been reported on here that sonos can keep waking the NAS on its own when not wanted.