Any troubles with iPhone update (Mar 2021)

• 27 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I am connecting to a network and Sonos 2 that I don’t use that often. Coincidentally i did an iPhone security update last night. The Sonos system is working fine from my Mac, but the iPhone keeps saying that it is not connected to Wifi (the Sonos app says that). I have reset the Sonos app, restarted my phone, deleted the Sonos app and re-added it. Still no luck.

Is anyone else having trouble with recent iphone updates?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Ensure that the Sonos app has been granted access to your network: Settings->Privacy->Local network

You should be prompted about this but check it anyway.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3092?language=en_US

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have a VPN app on my phone which was not running. the iPhone settings for VPN were doing something weird, cycling on and off, on and off. Since I had not been using the VPN app, i deleted it and all went back to normal. Something with the iPhone update must have created a problem for the VPN app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have a VPN app on my phone which was not running. the iPhone settings for VPN were doing something weird, cycling on and off, on and off. Since I had not been using the VPN app, i deleted it and all went back to normal. Something with the iPhone update must have created a problem for the VPN app.

Most corporate-network style VPNs will stop Sonos from working, as they almost all block local network access, which is critical for Sonos to function.